Foreign Exchange (FX) & Cash Manager
Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, Rotterdam
Are you a Treasury professional looking for a truly all-round position in a small team but with great responsibilities? Do you enjoy balancing strategy with operations on a daily basis? Are you up for the challenge to further develop our Treasury strategy for the near future, together with your two colleagues?
Who we are
BayWa AG is an international trading and services company with its head office in Munich, Germany, around 17,000 employees and a turnover of approximately € 16 billion. BayWa’s core business segments are Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Building Materials. The company has about 3,000 sales locations in 17 countries.
Cefetra Group is the largest business unit within the Agriculture segment and has its head office in Rotterdam. With more than 600 employees and 35 offices in 20 countries, the various Cefetra entities offer their ingredients and services to the animal nutrition, food and renewable energy. In total the Cefetra Group trades more than 20 million metric tons of grains, soy, co-products and specialty ingredients, which equals around € 5 billion.
The Treasury department
Given the international character of the industry and the substantial commodity- and financial volumes Cefetra Group has a Treasury department. The central team (3 fte) is supported by local Treasury representatives at the various subsidiaries and is, amongst others, responsible for:
- Funding (loans, credit facilities and other structures to support the core business)
- Cash management (bank accounts, cash pools, liquidity reports, cash flow forecasts)
- FX & interest rate risks (managing substantial currency & interest rate exposures)
The Treasury department closely cooperates with banks, subsidiaries and BayWa’s Treasury team.
We are looking for an ambitious fulltime colleague who will focus on FX hedging and cash management and who is eager to support Cefetra’s Head of Treasury, Eric Steenhouwer with other Treasury related tasks like funding, projects etc. Because we are a small team you will have the chance to work on a broader/wider range of tasks and therefore truly develop into an all-round Treasury professional, ready to further your career in due time. Your main responsibilities as the FX & Cash Manager will be:
- Hedge currency exposures for various Cefetra Group entities;
- Hedge the central Cefetra Group currency position by executing spot-, forward- and swap transactions with banks;
- Create various reports (FX positions, financial markets regulation etc.);
- Monitor financial markets developments and pro-actively inform stakeholders;
- Maintain a good relationship with all external- and internal stakeholders.
- Report and analyse daily cash management position;
- Report and analyse cash flow forecasts;
- Manage payment authorizations with banks;
- Manage & optimize the bank account structure;
- Maintain a good relationship with banks about various banking services.
Who are you
Most important is that you're passionate about the above mentioned. We'd love to hear your thoughts on the tasks and responsibilities in the position. Ideally you are an experienced Treasury professional, preferably with working experience within banking and/or a corporate treasury department. In an interview we're going to ask you about relevant knowledge on FX and (corporate) banking products and services.
- The possibility to work in a growing international trade company;
- A dynamic work environment with short lines and a strong focus on your career development;
- The company, the position and the team should be enough but we also offer you a great office with an amazing view on the Rotterdam skyline. You'll enjoy a daily walk around lunchtime;
- An excellent package of primary & secondary working conditions. Off course a good salary, holiday pay and a bonus. But also hybrid working, a good career strategy with HR, social activities and excellent coffee;
- The size of the Treasury team (3 fte) requires flexibility from all team members, an offers the chance to develop into a broad Treasury professional.
If this sounds like you
Interested in an interview? Please apply below and we will contact you a.s.a.p. Or contact our HR Team who are happy to tell you more about this opportunity and the recruitment process. You can contact our HR colleagues by sending an email to HR@cefetra.nl.
We work with a selection of agencies and we are not looking to add more to our list, so please do not contact us or send us resumes. We will not accept terms or conditions that are sent with resumes without our approval.